Originally Posted By: J Geoff

I think I'm with TIS on this... there's plenty of wonderful meals out there w/o spending a whole week's allowance. \:p

I've over-paid plenty for meals in the past, and I've also had even BETTER meals for much less.

There's a little hole-in-the-wall pizzeria close by me that has GREAT food!! (And I think I said it once before, their pizza sucks - but - their entrees are GREAT!!!)

I wouldn't hesitate taking a date there.

There are only a handful of places in my area I could say that about.... and [insert DMC "date" joke here \:p ]

Oh I don't disagree one iota. There are definitely some excellent meals available out there that you don't have to spend an arm and a leg on. And I think that almost every neighborhood has a "hole in the wall" type family place that has fantastic food.

I find that more in Italian food than in steak though.

There is a diner here on Staten Island called Andrews**, and I'll put his steaks, lobster tails and most of his food in general up against any fancy restaurant any day of the week.

There is ONE chain steakhouse that I've eaten in where I thought that the steak was just as good, if not better, than many of the high priced fancy New York Steakhouses; HOPS grill and brewery. Great food, a very relaxed atmosphere where you can have a great time with a group of people, a huge selection of their own homemade ales and beers, and their prices are no where near those of a fancy smancy restaurant.

** Just Lou, if you're reading this, Andrews is very close to where you now live. I highly recommend it.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.