Originally Posted By: J Geoff

I watched THE OUTSIDER (2005) last night, a documentary about James Toback making WHEN WILL I BE LOVED (2004, w/ Neve Campbell, Dominic Chianese, Mike Tyson), and absolutely fell in love with this non-mainstream writer/director! Not sure how I missed him until now -- he wrote Bugsy -- but his degenerate attitude is awesome!

Okay, so I saw WHEN WILL I BE LOVED tonight, and wonder WTF! Not only did I fall asleep in the middle of it, I thought there were many HORRIBLE aspects of it! Editing sucked!! Golden Rule is, if you notice an edit, it's a bad edit. And guess what? The edits stood out like a sore thumb! \:\/

But then I wondered, was that on purpose or not? I'm no expert, so now gotta ask... Capo et al... ever seen this film, or other Toback films? Please explain. I have FINGERS for probably tomorrow night.

I loved the director's attitude, in the documentary.... but so far not so good in actual production... \:\/

PS - Neve Campbell naked made it at least a little interesting ;\)

Last edited by J Geoff; 09/07/07 03:18 AM.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations