Greenaway: Shorts
Peter Greenaway is a British director who does not believe in the tradition of humans occupying the center of the frame. All his shorts have someone narrating stories voice over, while the camera focuses on objects, not necessarily related to the story being narrated. I did not like his style much. I felt that (unrelated) voice-over many times killed any imaginations that the images evoked. There is an extras section in the DVD which contains his thoughts about the movie. It helped me appreciate some of the points that I had not noticed. My opinions on individual shorts:

Water wrackets *
Nice capture of reflections of light on still and moving water. The narration is apparently a spoof of fantasy stories, but I didn't(or couldn't) listen to it, again because it was some random stuff. Like Tarantino's characters talking in the background \:D

H is for house *
A home video with a cute kid. This explores the absurdity of classifying unrelated objects by alphabet.

Windows (Zero stars)
Deals with a fictional and amusing statistical account of people jumping off their windows to their death.

Dear Phone (Zero Stars)
Yawn Yawn.

Intervals (unrated)
To be fair, I dozed off because of 'Dear Phone' and don't remember anything of it. So unrated.

Reincarnation of an ornithologist **
This was the most interesting and longest of the shorts. It traces the journey of an ornithologist to heaven/hell after his death through a series of 92 maps. The background stories are of marginal interest, but the visual content is interesting. The maps are paintings with interesting imagery and the camera zooms in and out of the details to emphasize the meaning of the voiceover.

Random Related: Greenaway almost seems to have taken cinema to 100 years back! Why deal with still images most of the time and more importantly why voiceovers in places where music could have been more effective...