Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
Didn't Joe Bonanno also appoint Carmine Galente as his underboss along with his own son?

Probably. But it's hard to confirm for the reasons you and I are familiar with, DC:
I try to sift info on Mob stuff selectively. I got the Tartamella and Morales dates from Bonanno's autobio, "A Man of Honor" [sic]. No reason to think he'd lie about anything that circumstantial. But then he says that, in '64, when Tartamella became disabled, he told his senior people that he had no interest in appointing a new consigliere, and then to elect one. According to Bonanno, they chose Bill, unanimously. Yeah, right, sure, Joe--if you think I believe that, you probably think I believe in the Great Pumpkin and the Tooth Fairy! \:p

As for Galante: He is nowhere mentioned in Bonanno's book--nowhere. In a TV interview Bonanno gave shortly before he died, he claimed that any drug dealing in his family was initiated by Galante, "without my knowledge." I guess he didn't know that Lilo was sitting next to him in that 1957 Sicilian meeting with Luciano.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.