I am half-way through the book, The Godfather Returns. And so far, I think all bonafide Godfather fans should get together and file a class action law suit against Winegardner, and Random House, for hiring him.

The book is horrible. The only reason I'm sticking it out is because I've already invested so much time into reading it (I'm up to chapter 15). Winegardner is not a good writer. His style is boring and innefectual. He wastes his time detailing things of little significance, which hampers his storytelling. His grammer is poor. His character development is tedious. So far, I am not finding this book entertaining at all.

Random House should have commissioned Carol Gino, Mario Puzo's widow, close confidant and writing companion to write this book. Carol Gino is an exceptional author, and was the one who finished Mario Puzo's manuscript, The Family, pursuant to Puzo's death.

I, myself, am an author. And from one author to another, Winegardner, you are way out of your league.

Now, with the publication of The Godfather's Revenge, it's obvious that Random House does not care about Mario Puzo's memory or the legend that he created. Like all big publishers, they are just out to make a quick buck, by any means neccessary. Godfather Returns is sacrilege, and I can assure you that I won't be reading "Revenge" any time soon.