Originally Posted By: Beth E
Was that picture taken at your family reunion years ago? Wasn't that the one where your uncle was there. That was a very emotional day too as I recall you saying.

Yep, that picture is from the same day.

To all those who posted comments about the picture - thank you for the kind words. I suspect I'm not alone in my feelings about family (especially on THESE boards ) and the fact that my family doesn't get together as much as we like (due to distance) made yesterday all that much more important and enjoyable (as I'm sure you can all understand).

Quick funny story - a few months after my father died my mother decided she wanted to come back to New York for a big family reunion including her own brother and all her nieces and nephews (my cousins). Coincidentally, the day before this reunion was being held, Beth was in New York. She and I were taking in the sights and were having lunch in the Carnegie Deli. Beth was doing her best Meg Ryan imitation of faking an orgasm in the middle of the deli ( ) when who comes walking in but my uncle (I hadn't seen him in about 10 years at that point). Sure, in a city of 8 million you're bound to run into a long lost relative. ;\)