Originally Posted By: Robert DeNiro
 Quote:
Oh, for sure. I was especially impressed with his being "conscionable" when he suffocated his helpless nephew and when he gave the okay to Ralphie to murder his daughter's boyfriend. But he's not like Ralphie.

well, if you want to stay consistent and call the mafia 'a business' then isnt what tony did consistent with the 'it was only business and not personal' mantra. christopher was about to flip from what tony could see, and jackie jr. had to go because he had shot one of tony's guys, and if tony hadnt ok'd the hit on jackie jr.....then tony woulda likely faced some sort of revolt or possibly being hit himself. it was business not personal.

I'm pretty sure that Tony did NOT ok the hit on Jackie Jr. Chrissy wanted to kill him the very night of the card game fiasco but Tony wouldn't let it happen. He gave Ralphie the "choice," but was hoping the boy would be spared. Tony told Ralphie...you're a captain, he's in your household, I know you'll do the right thing. Tony didn't have the GUTS to do it but ol' Ralphie had no problem with it.

As for Tony's strangling of Chris, I think it's safe to say that we are just now beginning to scratch the surface concerning Tony's logic on that one.