Originally Posted By: SC
 Originally Posted By: Buttmunker
Why would they let the Chinese move in on their "territory." I dont' mean to sound like that, I'm perfectly serious. The Chinese had Chinatown; the Italians had Little Italy.

New York City is in a constant state of change primarily due to its changing ethnic populations. Old neighborhoods are being inhabited by new immigrant groups. The Italians last big emigration ended about 80 years ago... the Chinese are still coming in.

Wow... let me tell ya... I was born and raised in brooklyn for first 11 years of my life(1970-81) in Sunset Park Brooklyn. Then moved to Long Island. I went back about 5 years ago and could NOT find a sign to a store that was in English. I thought I was in Korea or China or wherever. Truly amazing.

Its more of a transcending that it is a loss. Italians came over with little or nothing and now have atleast most all of life's necessities and extravagancies.(word?) LOL

"What I want.... whats most important to me... is that I have a guarantee" - Train approaches.... Bang! Bang! Bang!