I got to re-watch again last night after getting over the initial shock of the finale and the beginning of a withdrawal of a Soprano free season. \:\/ I can't disagree that the story itself in the finale was good. It kept me interested (well not as much as the first viewing of course). The guys in the diner weren't quite as suspicious the second time around. Leotardo's whacking was as good the second time around; Paulie and the cat added the usual slight humor to the episode. They showed enough of each of the "not so main" characters that we got to see where they were at this point.

I still got a rush during the last five minutes with the big build-up as the family one by one meets in the diner. Journey playing in the background added to the suspense as well. Meadow opens the door, the bell rings and Tony looks up...bada bing!!! That's it. To read more into and especially to assume that Meadow walked in to a massacre just doesn't cut it. I didn't see one thing to indicate that.

I think Chase has been (and is) so admired for his writing of this show, that it's hard maybe to accept that he could possibly fuck-up!! Years from now, I fear this will be as bad as the Dallas finale with Bobby in the shower. Time will only tell I guess.

Oh btw, I forgot which site I was reading but Journey was thrilled to have their music in the Sopranos. The article was not with Steve Perry, but another band member (can't think of who). Anyway, he said that the group has been "mum" knowing their song would be played at the end and seemed very pleased with how it turned out.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 06/12/07 09:23 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon