Based on Chase's many references to GF during the series, one might make an argument that Tony got whacked in Holsten's.

(Who can ever forget the undertaker's words to Tony after Livia's death?)

Two things that stand out in my mind are the man going to the bathroom (we never see him come out, do we?) and Tony's line about the onion rings being "the best in the state" - both bits certainly echo the Michael/Sollozzo sitdown.

But the ambiguous ending will always annoy me, particularly because I felt the rest of the episode was very well-written and things were moving along at a nice clip. To hear Chase say (regarding the end scene) that "it's all there" seems almost like a slap in the face. In other words, if we can't immediately read his mind and see things as he saw them, then - what? We're idiots? Chase certainly knew people would be arguing over the end scene, so he goes off to France and conveniently refuses to discuss what the ending means (and implying that we should have already figured it out).

Gimme a break...

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."