Originally Posted By: SC
 Originally Posted By: ChrisY2J
On one hand, I get what Chase was trying to do: not spell everything out, leave it open to the audience's interpretation, doing it his way, not being confined by boundaries.

And yet Chase is being crucified for that. \:\/

Chris -

Your commentary on the show was sorely missed this past year. Hope all is well with you and the family.

Hi, SC. The wife and daughter are doing incredibly well! Thank you for asking.
In addition to a busy family life, work (two jobs with a total of 70 hours a week) has been horrendous, leaving me precious little time for any leisure activity, such as having fun on this board! I am in search of a better job as we type, so hopefully I'll have a single 40 hour a week job and a semblance of normalcy.

As for "The Sopranos", I do applaud Chase's guts for ending the show like he did. I also understand his motivation to do things his way. I understand his not having the need to wrap up every loose end and tie everything up in a neat little package for everyone's consumption.

My examples of Furio and the Russian are what I mean. So many people keep on complaining about the loose ends throughout the tenure of the show, but that's life! Life is full of loose ends.

Leaving the fates of the other characters in a shroud of mystery is absolutely cool. I just think Chase went a LITTLE too far in leaving the fate of THE MAIN CHARACTER completely unknown.

I think a click and a bang out of nowhere and a total blank screen for a few seconds while seeing things from Tony's perspective would have perfectly conveyed the fact that Tony is dead, while still leaving the WHO? WHAT? WHY? HOW? open to interpretation. I think that would have been a better way to end the series. It would have given us SOME closure while still leaving things unresolved, mysterious, and controversial.

"Keep your body strong, your blood clean, and your mind sharp and mean." Henry Rollins