On one hand, I get what Chase was trying to do: not spell everything out, leave it open to the audience's interpretation, doing it his way, not being confined by boundaries.

On the other hand, a LITTLE closure would've been nice.

Hey, I'm not a watcher who needs everything tied up in a nice little bow. Where did Furio go? I don't mind not knowing. What happened to the Russian in the Pine Barrens? It's fine to leave that a mystery. In real life, you seldom get total closure and have resolutions to everything. In real life, you have loose ends. In that regard, I totally get what Chase was doing.

HOWEVER, this show is ultimately about one guy: Tony Soprano. He is the focal point. Without him, there is no show. He is the main character, the one all the other characters revolve around. At the very least, just a little closure about the MAIN CHARACTER would have been nice.

But since it is open to interpretation, here is mine: I think Tony got killed right at the end, probably by the guy who was eyeing him in a funny way from across the restaurant and stepped into the bathroom. Recall the first episode on this season, where Tony and Bobby were talking about getting shot to death: "You probably don't even hear or see a thing when it happens."
I think the blank screen before the silent roll of the credits was Tony's death.

"Keep your body strong, your blood clean, and your mind sharp and mean." Henry Rollins