Originally Posted By: SC
 Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
 Originally Posted By: SC
 Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

The only thing I had any problem at all with was Melfi's dismissal. The character AND Lorraine bracco deserved better.

No way.... she dropped a patient (Tony) because of her ego... she's a [BadWord].

That's what I meant SC. I don't think her character was given any justice by dropping Tony.

AND

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe

I agree with Pizzaboy. I think that Melfi and Tony were too important to the show and to one another, that her actions were too out of character, and that I believe that it was a cheap thing to do. As PB said, both Melfi and Bracco deserved better.

Buffalo bagels!!

Who is Melfi?? God?? She's not capable of being lesser than what she SHOULD be??? Its not possible that she's as frail and as human as the show's other characters?? Why?? Because she's a doctor??

Yeah, it was out of character for her to "turn" on Tony, but her ego got the better of her and she fucked up. EVERY other main character on the show had some issues and she just lasted longer (at being an OK gal) than the others. MAYBE some of Tony rubbed off on her.... but I wouldn't say she deserved better (and certainly wouldn't say that Lorraine Bracco did either).

Do you have a problem with women SC?

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.