Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
...I think that it was brilliant of Chase to cause all that suspense and then cut to black and silence. Personal interpretation for all that watched.

Possibly, but as was also discussed on Curtis & Kuby earlier this morning...the time for interpretation/speculation is BEFORE the finale, not after.

Those who are calling Chase's final cut 'brilliant' remind me of the people who go to art show and fawn over the stroke of a brush or shapeless sculpture because they think they're supposed to...otherwise let on that they aren't as hip & sophisticated as everybody else. (Anyone ever read 'The Emperor's New Clothes'...???)

Series finales, especially for shows of this stature, are in general quite difficult because expectations are so high that you never really satisfy everybody (except in the case of the final 'Newhart' which is a true classic...). But loyal fans deserve some kind of closure even if they don't necessarily like what they get.

For those who feel there's a movie or dvd coming...what would it possibly contain? The entire final episode PLUS what happened during the mysterious cut to black (or blue)? If that ended up being the case then it amounts to a HUGE ripoff and insult to the diehard fans who now have to WAIT god-knows-how-much-longer and then PAY to see the ending they expected last night.

But I personally don't think that's the case. I think it's over.

Like I said...no skin off my nose since I've never watched the show anyway. But based on what I've heard/read so far this morning, Chase copped out big time.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON