I never watched the show and last night was NO exception, though all the recent hype did make me curious about the finale. Since they've been discussing it all morning on Curtis & Kuby (77-WABC) I figured I'd check in & see what all you BB-ers thought.

Ron Kuby referred to a past episode where Tony asked someone what they thought 'the end' was like. That person answered that you don't hear the shot that gets you. One of Kuby's theories is that the sudden cut to black (or blue) indicates that unheard 'shot' that finally gets Tony.

Kuby also continually compares this finale to the ending of GFIII where we do see Michael Corleone dropping dead after losing literally everything that meant anything to him...either directly or indirectly through his own actions. By the time the credits roll, we KNOW it's over. He (Kuby) would have preferred a more satisfactory closure to The Sopranos instead of everything being open to speculation. I think that's a fairly reasonable expectation for a fan to have.

Take care,
AppleOnYa

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON