I heard Frank Rich of the NY Times this morning who said the ending was great!!! \:o Then again, they showed some fans who said the opposite and it was a big disappointment.

I re-watched the ending again last night when it came on the second time (didn't get to see the whole thing again), and gotta say this much, it "was" suspensful as we wondered what would happen. DC is right, the men in the diner weren't necessarily hitmen, but we were led to believe so. We wondered who would get hit in Tony's family, and even if everyone would get hit while eating dinner. Then, fade to black and the let-down.

The very good thing IMHO, I think Chase & Co will be more inclined to make a movie or a few continuing tv episodes to satisfy all the disgruntled fans. Until then, lousy ending and all, this will remain one of my favorite all-time tv shows.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon