Originally Posted By: J Geoff
 Originally Posted By: SC
 Originally Posted By: J Geoff

As for Paulie's new job - I don't think it's Consigliere - Sil is Consigliere...

He was acting in the role of consigliere when he accompanied Tony to the sitdown with Bruno. Tony later asked him to be skipper of Ralphie's old crew.

So if Paulie was talking about those who previously held the position he finally agreed to take (Ritchie, Ralphie, Vito, Gigi) -- are you telling me those guys were Tony's Consigliere?? Nah. They led a specific (and unlucky-in-leadership) construction crew.

At the same time, I, also, cannot believe how that's a higher position that what Paulie already had....

They were Captains.

Gigi was a Captain. Ritchie was a Captain. Vito was a Captain. Ralphie was a Captain. Paulie was promoted to Captain a few seasons ago, when he and Tony meet in front of the Lou Costello statue.

So all Tony was doing in this episode was turning what was lastly Vito's crew over to Paulie.

Silvio was actually Tony's Consigliere and Bobby was thrown into the position as underboss. Both were put out of commission in this little war, so Tony turned to his captain Paulie and used him as his consigliere/underboss in this episode.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.