THE CORPORATION
(First Viewing)

Since the late 18th century American legal decision that the business corporation organizational model is legally a person, it has become a dominant economic, political and social force around the globe. This film takes an in-depth psychological examination of the organization model through various case studies. What the study illustrates is that in the its behaviour, this type of "person" typically acts like a dangerously destructive psychopath without conscience. Furthermore, we see the profound threat this psychopath has for our world and our future, but also how the people with courage, intelligence and determination can do to stop it.

I actually picked this up on a whim at work. I didn't even know we carried it but I was looking for something interesting to watch before I go and I'm glad I picked this up. By and large I am against corporations and am tired of the commercialization that takes place in this country. If you're in the same boat I am, then this documentary will interest you as it takes an in depth look at how corporations and governments around the world are practically ruining this planet. However, before anyone wants to get cute I don't believe all corporations or businesses are bad. Many of them aren't but many of them are.