Funny story happened to me at work last night. A customer whom I had rung up asked me on the way out the door if I could clean some of her badly damaged DVDs for her children. As a policy, we have a DVD buffer at work but are only supposed to use it on store DVDs to prevent any mishaps with customers personal DVDs, as well as cutting down the workload that would create.

In any case, the woman was very nice and I told her it was my last day so if she brought up her DVDs later on in the night (I'd be their until midnight) I would clean them for her. She came in while I was on my dinner break and gave me 2 DVDs and a CD to clean. I got them done for her no problem (removed a lot of crap from them) and before she left she put $5 on the counter for me. I have NEVER received a tip that I can recall while working at Blockbuster. It was very sweet but I wanted to be nice to this lady so I felt that taking the $5 would ruin that just a little (I know she was trying to be nice in return but no compensation was needed).

I followed her out to her car trying to give her back the money which she wouldn't take. Finally, she stopped and opened up her bag which allowed me to toss the money back in. She felt bad as a result, told me she wanted to do something for me for being so nice and asked if I had a favorite beer. I told her yes but wouldn't tell her which one so she wouldn't buy anything (our Blockbuster store is located right next to a grocery store). Anyways, she then gave me another DVD to clean. After I finished cleaning that I walked in the grocery store looking for her, finding her at the cash register buying a 6-pack of beer. I told her I hope her husband likes to drink to which she replied they were for me. I jokingly told her I was underage which she didn't buy. Finally, she told me her husband wanted me to have the beer which I did not believe, and also she would feel bad if I didn't take it (I didn't want to make her feel bad so I took it). She convinced me she called him and asked if she should get me Guiness, Harp or another beer which I cannot think of right now. Any case, long story short, she bought me a 6-pack of Harp which I am now trying for the first time and I have to say, I enjoy it more than Guiness. Has anyone else tried it and if so, any other Harp Lager fans out there?