Originally Posted By: Anthony Lombardi
no - i was perscribed ant-depressants (every kind, every label, every brand imaginable) when i was younger for my anxiety & OCD, & they made me feel like a zombie. they work for some people, they don't work for others. LLC pretty much hit the nail on the head - they make you into something you're not (for me if not for everyone).

I agree they make you something you're not, but only if you're the wrong person to be taking them. Like you said they work for some people but not others. I don't take them, but I know several people who do, and only one has been completely helped by anti-depressants. The others are going through what you mentioned, trying every kind possible to find the right combination etc...

I am not completely against anti-depressants, but I am against the way most doctors prescribe them without hesitation when medication is not what most people need. Most people just need good therapy, not medication. I think a lot of people are against anti-depressants, but they basically self-medicate with alcohol, marijuana, or whatever their choice may be. Sorry, I didn't want to get off topic, but I want you to know that I somewhat agree with you and LLC, just not completely. I blame doctors for being irresponsible.

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes