Hey All,

I don't think Paulie flips, or even gets mistaken for flipping. It just doesn't make sense... I think Chase already played that card at the start of 6B when Tony thought about whacking Paulie... Also, I don't see Sil going off on Tony for suspecting Paulie and thinking about killing him... killing him maybe, but thinking about it... whatever! I bet Sil thought about it a few times himself...

I could totally see Carlo being the rat... but not to the feds, and I seriously doubt any "inside" cop would make that kind of mistake. The Carlo sequence seems to be lining up pretty well at this point... Carlo was missing after the accident and the boys from his crew were covering for him... but I don't think Paulie will have anything to do with it...

I think the "other side" in "playing both sides" can only be the NY crew... the cops are not a side... If that were the case, they would have just called whoever they were talking about "a Rat"... not refer to them "playing both sides".

There are only two sides left in the story... NY and NJ. That seems to be the way things are heading. Unless the cops save Tony in the nick of time or something stupid like that... but I doubt it. Thats' way too "daytime drama" for this show. I think the cops are out of the story, or almost out of the story... at this point I see them as little else other than a ruse to confuse us poor viewers!

Also, I would hardly call mixing up Paulie and Carlo a "Tragic case of mistaken identity"... that seems more in line with the likes of Meadow, perhaps?

Also, for all of you who thought Phil was gonna whack Tony at his own house when Carmine brokered the meeting at the end of the last ep... come on; that just doesn't make any sense.

The "Cooler heads prevailed" line Phil fires out was simply a reference to Tony's earlier comment to Phil about "cooler heads have to prevail" in the aesbestos situation. I think that line from Phil at that point was simply the final confirmation to Tony that talking was done, and that was Phil's smart assed way of going about it...

Cheers,
G.