Originally Posted By: SC
A gas station on Long Island had a price-rollback for a few hours today. They charged $2.27/gallon (regular) which is about a $1.00 below what everyone else is charging. The line extended about a mile long for customers waiting for the cheaper gas (they started lining up hours before the promotion started).

Ya know something?? As much as I bitch and moan about the high price of gas today I wouldn't stand on line for 5 or 6 hours to save the $9.00 it would take to fill up my tank. \:\/

I don't recall what state it took place in, but about a week or two ago, BP started a promotion for Seniors and Students, charging them 2 or 3 cents less per gallon on certain days. Turns out that some government official decided that it was a form of discrimination and the government forced BP to pull their promotion. \:\/

And I agree with you about the waiting for 6 hours to save $9 theory. I'd pay $9 more just NOT to wait in line!

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.