Originally Posted By: Irishman12
 Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
 Originally Posted By: Irishman12
 Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
Irish, Murphy doing absolutely crap isn't anything new. In fact, his downward spiral began with THE GOLDEN CHILD, a turkey of a flop. I dare you to watch that turd sometime.

I did and I own it on DVD. It's better than any comedy he did in the 1990s save for BOOMERANG and BEVERLY HILLS COP III

Umm, what about THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN? Not really a special comedy, but it did have a cool political plot(scheming jerk who happened to have the same last name as his Congressman, runs for that House seat, and WINS based on name recognition) that actually came true years later(Then again, director Jonathan Lynn was the brains behind YES MINISTER, that great British TV series about politics).

THE GOLDEN CHILD for Eddie Murphy is for that career like LAST ACTION HERO was for Arnold Schwarzenegger: Super big-budget lame dud that wrecked their careers.

I never saw THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN, but surprise surprise, I did enjoy LAST ACTION HERO. Sure it's lame, but at least it's better than JUNIOR, KINDERGARDEN COP, etc.

But Irish, thats like saying its better to have skin cancer than AIDS. Sure technically its better....but wouldn't we rather have neither?

The problem with LAST ACTION HERO, besides "Ahhnuld" taking over that production, changing the script to fit his ego-masturbation needs in the process and making it the most expensive movie of its day, is that the idea of LAH is really great, and in some ways its a nice joke on action cinema in general.

However, when it becomes more about a joke about Arnold himself and not of cinema itself, thats when the movie fails.

Still, the movie is alright and there are MUCH worse Ahhnuld films out there. *cough* THE 6TH DAY

"You killed Mozart!"

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 05/20/07 12:20 AM.