This is only minutes from me, so perhaps I'll try to hit it Saturday. Trouble is, the NJ Chili Cookoff is the same day, and I've been missing it every year! ohwell Decisions, decisions....

Ah, what am I saying!! How often can you walk with Paulie and Big Pussy and others?? grin And do something for Lou Gehrig's disease...

ALS Walk w/ The Sopranos

I should get me one of those Paulie Walnuts sweat suits... lol

Also...

"Sopranos" stars to help make disease disappear

BY CHELSEA MICHELS
TOMS RIVER BUREAU

SEASIDE HEIGHTS — Cast members from the hit HBO series "The Sopranos" are joining the ALS Association Greater Philadelphia Chapter in the 2007 Seaside Board Walk To D'Feet ALS to raise money and awareness for Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, commonly known as Lou Gehrig's disease.

Registered walkers who turn in more than $25 in contributions Saturday will receive a complimentary pass for unlimited kiddie rides at Funtown Pier on the boardwalk in Seaside Park between noon and 2 p.m. that day.

ALS is a "neurodegenerative disease that usually attacks both upper and lower motor neurons and causes degeneration throughout the brain and spinal cord," according to the ALS Web site. Early symptoms include a painless weakness in the limbs, speech, swallowing or walking difficulty.

Sopranos stars Jeff Marchetti (Petey "Bissell" LaRosa), Tony Sirico (Paulie Walnuts), Max Casella (Benny Fazio), Matt Servitto (Agent Harris), and Vincent Pastore (Sal "Big Pussy" Bonpensiero), and several others will attend the event to sign autographs and baseballs in honor of Gehrig, who is in the National Baseball Hall of Fame.

Marchetti's uncle, Paul "Blackie" Rubbinaccio, died several years ago of the disease. Rubbinaccio's brother Mike Rubbinaccio of Toms River is the chairman of the 2007 walk and hopes to raise awareness.

"Blackie was a fighter. He would take any medicine or do anything the doctors wanted if it helped people down the road," Rubbinaccio said, describing how the most difficult part about ALS is that it is "a death sentence. There's no cure."

Rubbinaccio is taking part in the event as part of "Rube's Team," along with team captain Vince Cantone of Toms River.

"My initial reason for getting involved was Uncle Blackie," Marchetti said. "However, once you witness people involved with ALS, it opens up a sore spot. Anybody with even the smallest heart would be affected by it."

The ALS Association of Greater Philadelphia helps more than 850 people and their families, according to event manager Allison Walker. The association conducts six walks a year, and tries to bring the walks to their patients to avoid too much traveling. More than 700 people are expected to attend, and the organizers hope to raise about $150,000, according to Rubbinaccio.

All money raised from Saturday's event will support ALS research and services provided free of charge to local ALS patients and families, including in-home care, clinics, equipment and nursing visits.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations