Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
 Originally Posted By: Irishman12
Brazil
(First Viewing)

Sam Lowry is a harried technocrat in a futuristic society that is needlessly convoluted and inefficient. He dreams of a life where he can fly away from technology and overpowering bureaucracy, and spend eternity with the woman of his dreams. While trying to rectify the wrongful arrest of one Harry Buttle, Lowry meets the woman he is always chasing in his dreams, Jill Layton. Meanwhile, the bureaucracy has fingered him responsible for a rash of terrorist bombings, and both Sam and Jill's lives are put in danger.

What an incredibly dull and boring movie. I was into this for about the first 15-20 minutes and then it just kept going on and on. Terry Gilliam officially makes weird movies (this being more weird than Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas). I really don't know why Robert De Niro was apart of this movie (he's barely in it by the way).

Oh boy, do LLC, me, and Turi have to lecture your ass again for you to reverse your score again?

Besides, I bet in Texas you never were forced to read 1984, right? A pity, for you would have so got the movie more(or least maybe more if you expected more than simply DeNiro's cameo acne-scared face. "Renegade Engineer!" You gotta love Gilliam)

Well, since you haven't read it, the whole movie is Gilliam's Monty Python-esque pisser on bureaucracies, and really his own version of the dystopia of 1984. Very creative film, and its ending, a conclusion of a whole heroic daydreaming subplot, is feel-good in spite of what would appear initially to be a downer.

I'm not going to get into it in detail now, but let me lay down some basic facts:

1.) Gilliam kicks ass.
2.) Brazil kicks ass.
3.) "1984" kicks ass. One of the greatest books of all time.

Irish, you think Gilliam is weird? Gilliam is eccentric but tame in my mind. Go check out some Lynch, and you'll need new pants.

But honestly, I thought Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas was much weirder than Brazil Fear and loathing had one of the strangest men in the film world, Gilliam, teaming up with one of the strangest men in the literary world, Thompson. Everything about Fear and Loathing is bizarre... Even the costume design and the facial structures of the extras.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."