Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas ***
(Third Vieiwng)

An adaptation of Hunter S. Thompson's novel of the same name. The film details a whacky search for the "American Dream", by Thompson and his crazed, Samoan lawyer. Fueled by the massive amount of drugs they purchased with an advance from a magazine to cover a sporting event in Vegas; they set out in the Red Shark. Encountering police, reporters, gamblers, racers, and hitchhikers; they search for some undefinable thing know only as the "American Dream" and find fear, loathing and hilarious adventures into the dementia of the modern American West.

Well LLC, I guess third times a charm. I think my earlier issues with the film were the overuse of drugs but once I pushed past that, I actually somewhat cared about Raoul Duke and what he had to say. Benicio Del toro was very good but Johnny Depp was AWESOME! In my mind, he has to be one of the top three, if not the BEST actor alive today. The man can play any part and make it as entertaining as possible. He is truly blessed and gifted as an actor. Also this film had a fantastic soundtrack!