I'm late to the party in this forum because...well because I just never visited here in the however-many-years I've been a member! I guess that's the beauty of this web site. I just opened another door and found another great party with some familiar faces and a few new ones as well.

Turnbull asserts
 Quote:
One of the reasons that the "cannoli" line is in the film may be because the woman who played Clemenza's wife was Richard Castellano's real-life girlfriend. No doubt he pressured FFC and Puzo into giving her a line of dialog ("Don't forget the cannoli"), hence Clemenza telling Rocco to take the cannoli.

Presumably, Castellano was using his clout as an established actor to wedge his girlfriend into a speaking part probably because that would bring a higher paycheck and possibly residuals which wouldn't be available for a non-speaking role. Moreover, the privilige of re-writing the dialog might also mean a screenwriting credit with more financial rewards as well. That's a smart move with financial dividends that go beyond the demand for a limousine to shuttle you around town. "You see, our people are businessmen..."

tony b.

"Kid, these are my f**kin' work clothes."
"You look good in them golf shoes. You should buy 'em"