Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
That is funny. I have even a better one, that is also a true story. I only hesitate because I feel like I'm making fun of my mother, but yet was hilarious.

Keep in mind, this was probably in the 1950's, when most, or not many women drove. My mother was probably in her 30's or so when she first got her driver's license. My father taught her and practiced driving with her, etc. I guess I'm implying things "were different" (in defense of my mother).

Anyway, mom finally got her license and was glad to be able to go to the grocery store and run errands, etc. One day, at the dinner table, which was always family time and we'd discuss the day, more or less. My mother tells my father that she went shopping and it started to rain. She said it was pouring so hard that she couldn't see and had to pull over until it let up. My father says, "didn't you turn on the wipers?" My mother gets an embarrassed look and puts her hands to her head and says, "I never thought of it." I admit, we all laughed for quite a while. Even mom laughed at herself.

TIS

That is so funny and God Bless your Ma!
On the subject of Mothers...

I have a pal we call Prints. When you say his name it sounds like Prince but we call him Prints because he used to be a burglar (before he knew better, cough!) and didnt wear gloves. He got caught, had his dabs taken and continued to not wear gloves. Doh! He left so much DNA behind that the British Museum could have made a replica of him!
His Mother had an electronic carving knife which she used for six months without putting a plug on it. Her excuse was that it was sharper than anything else. I remember going there for sunday dinner and thinking, "Wow, that carving knife is really quiet!"

Last edited by DaveMoore; 03/16/07 12:40 PM.