That is funny. I have even a better one, that is also a true story. I only hesitate because I feel like I'm making fun of my mother, but yet was hilarious.

Keep in mind, this was probably in the 1950's, when most, or not many women drove. My mother was probably in her 30's or so when she first got her driver's license. My father taught her and practiced driving with her, etc. I guess I'm implying things "were different" (in defense of my mother).

Anyway, mom finally got her license and was glad to be able to go to the grocery store and run errands, etc. One day, at the dinner table, which was always family time and we'd discuss the day, more or less. My mother tells my father that she went shopping and it started to rain. She said it was pouring so hard that she couldn't see and had to pull over until it let up. My father says, "didn't you turn on the wipers?" My mother gets an embarrassed look and puts her hands to her head and says, "I never thought of it." I admit, we all laughed for quite a while. Even mom laughed at herself.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon