Originally Posted By: Turnbull

One story I don't believe is that the Mob put a half-million-dollar bounty on his head. First, it leads us to believe that the Commission has some kind of slush fund and standing army that can be used to attack common enemies. BS! Why would any Don contribute a dime to an effort to "get" Pistone in retaliation for a supreme screwup caused by the Bonannos? The attitude would be: "It's their problem, let them solve it." Second, if Pistone had such a huge price on his head, why would he be running around giving interviews and presiding over book signings?

I agree about that being BS. The only potential danger that I think he maybe could have faced in getting killed was from some half cocked up and coming soldier in the Bonnano family who may have been looking to make a name for himslef and a quick climb up the ladder. Someone who could turn around to his cohorts and say "See, look what did! I took out Joe Pistone!"

And even then, if I was some mob boss, I don't think that I would want one of my people taking out a known FBI agent who was now in the public eye.

Perhaps that is the reason Pistone has constantly stood in the public spotlight.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.