Originally posted by JustMe:
I know how she did it. She established an endowment that was meant to be administered by Coppola.
Honestly, GF3 is a violation of sense anyway, but this example, for me, is the most outrageous. If something is absolutely impossible, that is. He would never wish to have something in common with this woman, and definitely he is no fool to send his children to the only person in the world who will most surely employ any means to make them hate him for life. Of course, he would never let her come close. I really don't think Michael would like have a son looking, thinking and singing as a sacrifice of low quality castration.
I don't know JustMe, I disagree. Resepctively of course. wink

I think that when we see Michael at the end of GFII, where he is supposed to be older, we are shown a lonely Michael, a Michael that reflects back on his life and is probably asking himself if it was all worth it. Was all the power in the world worth the loneliness that he had aquired with that power?

We see him thinking back to the good old days, Pop's birthday, his brothers and sister, being with family. He no longer had that at the end of GFII.

So why is so out of the realm that by the time GFIII rolls around, he is a repentive man, looking for forgiveness from those he hurt, along with forgiveness from himself and God?

At the end of GFII he knew that he had wronged his wife and his children. That he betrayed his wife, his mother and father, and his own honor.

I don't see why you feel that Michael would never look to have anything in common with Kay. What he had in common were the children that he loved, and he was looking to build on that.

It is not uncommon for people who've been hard or cold in their early life to mellow out with age and realize that they have done some things that were wrong in their life. It is very common for some people, as the grow older, to spend more time with their loved ones and to want their family around them more often.

Of course Michael would have rather his son been a Lawyer instead of a singer. But in his remorsefulness Michael had to realize that through his life he had made the decisions and that he always had things done his way. Between GFII and GFIII he must have realized that he could no longer pull the strings like he used to because his controlling the strings all those years had cost him the relationship that he now desired with his children.

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.