Whomever or whatever loves Scarface, no matter what walk of life they may come from, has absolutely no influence on my love for the movie Scarface, nor does their love for Scarface tarnish the status of the movie for me.

However what I do find disturbing is that many of these rappers feel that they can relate to Tony Montana and have taken to imply that being a drug lord and a criminal isn't bad as long as you acheive success somewhere down the line.

What bothers me is when I hear young people defending some of these rappers by saying "look at so and so the rapper, he owns his own record label, his own recording studio and has a mansion and he's only 22 years old. He's successful!"

Well anyone of us could aquire, or could have aquired those kinds of things early in life if we choose or had chosen to take the easy path and deal with drugs and lead a criminal life just like some of these rappers have done and just like Tony Montana did in the movie.

Those kinds of rappers do not impress me one bit, even if they are now legitimate. Because the only reason that they were able to get to become legitimate business men or music producers is because they aquired their money earlier in life by dealing drugs and commiting crimes. So they aquired all their money illegaly and only then were they able to parlay their ill gotten monies into legitimate enterprises.

That does not define success. Some of these rappers and characters like Tony Montana do NOT define the American dream, they just misrepresent it.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.