I am basically a Classic VH fan. I imagined that if I was to pick the VH songs that could be overburned onto a 90 minute CDR, then this exclusive list, would be the songs that would make it onto that CD (for simplicity's sake, the songs are listed in album order, although I would fine tune that order later. . .) In other words, these are the VH songs that I would want to hear, Now! This is not a reminisence of what I would have put on a 90 minute cassette in the year 1984..... This is NOW !

------- MY 90 MINUTE BEST OF THE REST of VH ---------

Eruption
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
I'm The One
Jamie's Cryin'
Atomic Punk
Feel Your Love Tonight
Little Dreamer
Bottoms Up!
Light Up The Sky
Spanish Fly
D.O.A.
Beautiful Girls
Everybody Wants Some!!
Romeo Delight
Take Your Whiskey Home
Mean Street
Sinner's Swing!
Hear About It Later
Hang 'Em High
Cathedral
Little Guitars (Intro)
Little Guitars
The Full Bug
Happy Trails
Top Jimmy
Girl Gone Bad
House Of Pain

It's really too bad that they didn't decide to release a double CD Best Of on March 27th. Instead there will be just be one CD, covering -only- their MTV and Radio Greatest Hits.... But, for me, the real legacy of VH is their Hard Rock, which separates them from the rest. VH's commercial hits are really no better or no worse than any other bands commercial hits...(Aerosmith, Journey, Def Leppard, etc.)

But, the 2nd CD could have been "The Best of the Rest", and hence a true "Best of Both Worlds: 1978-1984". That 2-CD release would have pleased both the old and the new fan, the casual radio fan, and, the Hard Rock Vh fan...

"It's nothing personal, Sonny....... It's strictly business."