A brief history of Irishman at the movies:

RONIN (1998)

"What's in the briefcase? What? It makes no sense. This sucks!"

PULP FICTION (1994)

"WHAT THE F*CK?!!? What's in the damn briefcase! This sucks! Wait, Quentin Tarantino made this movie? *pause* BEST MOVIE EVAH OF 1990s!!!"

BTW Irish, did you know that Tarantino actually is a major fan of REPO MAN?(Though knowing him, he's got like 67,942 favorite movies)

Hell, its a really admired cult movie from the 1980s, and one that yours truely reviewed for the now-morbid RRA'S CULT MOVIE REVIEW.

"A very lame film with some pretty weird sh*t in it. I thought the story was a little confusing it parts and didn't explain things too clearly, particularly the 1964 Chevy Malabu. Harry Dean Stanton was really my only enjoyment from the movie but overall I thought this was a horrible movie."

Poor Irish, its about as confusing as a European TV Ad. Besides, the plot is simple. Notice the map of the United States in the credits. Notice how the red line starts in LOS ALAMOS, New Mexico. Look it up at wikipedia. Major governmental site for nuclear research. Ding!

So what was the big deal with the 1964 Chevy Malibu? Basically the nutty scientist was stealing away a top secret, and aparently super awesome, radioactive weapon. What is this green glowing thing? Its a MacGuffin. It doesn't friggin matter. If anything, its almost an excuse of a final stage in the punk Otto's days in LA.

Though notice how the green glow in the back trunk zapped everyone, it embraces the one character, albeit mentally slow, that probably isn't occupied by the viles of humanity, and which he allows Otto to enjoy as well.

Sadly, your mistakes that you made when you watched SWINGERS have occured again. Shame on you!

If SWINGERS, like CLERKS, were time capsule movies about a group of slacker males, albeit different coasts of America, in mid-1990s America, REPO MAN is from a decade earlier. Besides capturing the trademark essential but natural weirdness of Los Angeles. It contains as well alot of the notable acts of the punk rock music movement in LA of the time in its worthy soundtrack.

As for this being "weird," thats like calling President Bush a fool. Nobody is going to dispute it. Attacking it for being weird is like slamming KILL BILL for being badass.

Thing is, its the weird essence of humor in REPO MAN that makes it a really good cult classic. Take all the products that are shown in the movie, all with generic labels. BEER, SODA, CHIPS. Certainly these days, like 22 years ago when REPO MAN was made, we have foods and products that seem to be rather similar in how they taste, save for the pretty corporate label.

Hell, the best gag in the movie is when Otto takes out a can from his fridge and starts eating. What is it? The can is simply titled FOOD. The fact that its like that green gloop that the family in the SIMPSONS gobbled up for years for dinner...

Really, the best one-line sentence that explains my feelings on REPO MAN is this, that someone from IMDB wrote: "An absurdist punk rock sci fi classic"

How true!