Thanks guys!

DeNiro, why being ashamed of where you are? And Klydon, Pennsylvania is like one of the oldest states in the US. I'm sure everyone can share some pictures of their favorite landmarks that could be new and interesting to many of us here.

Originally Posted By: Letizia B.
By the way, on this topic-- Today, I saw a car with an engraved steel license plate frame, on the bottom it said ESFAHAN, and on the top it said "4BAAGH 33POL". I thought of you when I saw it, of course. What do those other numbers and letters mean? Are they something in particular, or must it be significant only to the person whose car it was?

That's interesting! Well 4BAAGH or Chahar-Baagh, meaning Four Gardens, is the name of the old (not to mention with a heavy traffic) street that runs through Esfahan connecting the North to the South. The story behind the name comes from the arrangement of the hedges and trees of this street. There are three huge tracks in this street, and therefore four lines of hedges and trees separating them. The middle track is saved for the pedestrians just the same as side walks on each side. As for 33POL, that stands for Sio-Se-Pol, or Thirty-Three Bridges. ZayandeRud, is the name of a river running through West to East of Esfahan, and the Southern part of the Chahar-baagh is connected to the Northern part through this old bridge. Chaharbagh and SioSePol are the iconic features of Esfahan. I'll be posting pictures of these sights as soon as I get a chance. It is freezing cold out here. It's a good thing on one hand, because the sights are less crowded and there is a better chance to take photos, but on the other hand it is so cold, you feel your blood is freezing.

Last edited by afsaneh77; 01/03/07 05:46 AM.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones