They Live ***
(First Viewing)

Nada, a down-on-his-luck construction worker, discovers a pair of special sunglasses. Wearing them, he is able to see the world as it really is: people being bombarded by media and government with messages like "Stay Asleep", "No Imagination", "Submit to Authority". Even scarier is that he is able to see that some usually normal-looking people are in fact ugly aliens in charge of the massive campaign to keep humans subdued.

Only the third John Carpenter movie I've seen behind Halloween and Christine. A very compelling and original story about aliens ruling the world starring Roddy Piper and Keith David. I wonder why Roddy didn't have a better acting career than he had? I do have a TON of respect for Keith David after he's appeared in, but not limited to: Platoon, Men At Work, There's Something About Mary and Requiem for a Dream. I knew this was the movie where the infamous South Park cripple fight came from, but it was good to finally see the original. Now I'm intrigued to see more John Carpenter movies such as Escape From New York, The Thing, Big Trouble In Little China, Escape From L.A. and possibly Village of the Damned.