SPOILERS * UP TO CHAPTER 25 * SPOILERS

Finally, a bit of mob action! Or so I thought.

Neri and his nephew trying to get information out of Geraci's father and daughter. Starts out pretty good, has a lot of potential for excitement, but winds up being a bit lame. Could have been a bit more interesting than it turns out to be.

Winegardner originally makes Fausto Geraci out to be this old fashioned tough mobster, and then in this chapter he cracks under pressure and gives up information about his son to Neri. Not believable at all.

To add insult to injury Winegardner tells us that when the prositute was killed while with Geary in Fredo's cathouse (GFII), Neri was NOT the one that killed her, but instead he gave the job to some young guy. Give me a break here Winegardner. Now why in the world would the Corleones involve someone outside the circle to carry out such a sensative job such as that one? In GFII we are told that they were very careful to pick a prositute that had no family, no background and no ties to anyone. They were setting up a United States Senator. We even see Neri in the background cleaning a knife. Does Winegardner really expect us to believe that Neri was only there to supervise and then do the clean up duties after the girl was killed?

Horrible. No real Godfather passion or savy whatsoever by Winegardner. Just continues to throw the bullshit references to the other GF movies out there without giving much thought at all to what he is writing.

These books are an infamia as far as I am concerned. They have absolutely no validity whatsoever.

What a damn shame.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.