Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest ***
(Second Viewing)

Legend has it that a tortured soul called Davy Jones lives beneath the sea with a terrible sea beast at his command. Unfortunately for the notorious pirate, Captain Jack Sparrow, this particular legend is very real. Years ago, Jack made a deal with Davy Jones, who is now expecting him to make good on his promise by handing himself over to Jones's servitude. But Jack will not give in without a fight, which is especially bad news for Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann, who always seem to get caught up in Jack's mishaps. If Jack can't find a way to rid himself of Davy Jones once and for all, it may just spell the end for the three adventurers.

Definitely better with a second viewing but not as good as the first movie. What really disappointed me about this installment the most was the lack of humor. There is humor in the film, don't get me wrong, but not as much as in The Curse of the Black Pearl. However, the special effects for this movie were outstanding. And let the debate begin, but I think this is Johnny Depp's best character as Captain Jack Sparrow (or at least my favorite).