SPOILERS ** SPOILERS UP To CHAPTER 18

It's becoming very difficult to finish this book. One chapter seems to pull you in, and then the next two suck.

I mean this guy spends half the chapter on a meeting between a lawyer and Michael. While it pertains to the story, he drags out a conversation between them, most of it meaningless. He spends almost 20 pages with this Sid Klien character, where he maybe only needed to spend about 5.

Early in the book Winegardner develops what looked to be an interesting storyline interwoven with some interesting characters. But almost 19 chapters later those characters have not developed into anything important in regards to the storyline.

Case in point, Carlo Tramonti. Very good writing about this character in the begining of the book. Outside of the commission meeting, halfway through the book, never talked about again. Eddie Paradise was another character talked about at the begining of the book. A character that looked as though he had the potential to develop into an intersting character in a mafia book. Winegardner, so far, fails to accomplish that.

As I was about to begin reading chapter 18, until I saw that it starts out with

"Francesca Corleone Van Arsdale - shrouded with dread, as she was all the time now..."

Who gives a fock about Francesca Corleone and her dread? This is supposed to be a book about one of the greatest fictional mob families in literary and cinematic history! A mafia book! Michael is almost non existant in this book! And when Michael does appear in a chapter, Winegardner really fails to capture the personality of Michael as we know him through Puzo. It's as though Winegardner wants to create his own characters, which is fine in itself, but has used the Corleone character name to advance his own, stupid, one dimensional characters. He could have surrounded his boring characters with Joe Shmo, and it wouldn't have made a difference.

You know how when reading a good book, you can't wait to find out what happens next but at the same time don't really want the book to end because it is so good?

Well with Godfather's Revenge, you are afraid to find out what junk is going to happen next, and at the same time you just cannot wait for the book to end because it's so bad.

I hope that Winegardner reads this thread because if he is, I want hom to know that he sucks with these Godfather books.

How the hell Puzo and his estate allowed this guy to destroy such great characters as the Corleone characters is beyond me.

Winegardner's books make Godfather III look like it should have won the Academy Award for best picture of the year.

Do I have to finish this book? It's becoming a chore.

Winegardner, you come out with another book, I will buy it, but I won't read it. I'll use it as toilet paper instead .

Seems to me that Winegardner has duped us again.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.