CHAPTER ONE & CHAPTER TWO SPOILERS

Well, it's very obvious that Winegardner took the Carlos Marcello and the Kennedy brothers stories and just changed their names. Carlos Tramonti ( Carlos Marcello). The Shea Brothers
(The Kennedy Brothers).

I found that so far, through a preface and two chapters, this book is already more interesting than The Godfather Returns.

I find it more interesting that Winegardner has taken real life mob history, real life political history and incorporated it into a story involving The Corleones.

There are several things said by Winegardner about some of the original GF characters that tells me that he's surfed our GF Trilogy thread and 'borrowed' some of the things that we've pointed out or specualted about the GF characters.

It also looks to me as though the story of Michael, helping to get James Shea ( John Kennedy) elected President, is based on the real life story of Sam Giancana intervening on behalf of Frank Sinatra, to pull the union votes to Kennedy.

This book may actually be better than the last one in the sense that a lot of what has taken place so far is based on real life happenings between the mob, the government and the connection between the CIA and the Mob in attempting to assassinate Fidel Castro.

Two chapters. So far so good.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.