Shout Box

Shout Box is a quick "chat" type of communicator that lets you "shout out" to the BB and have live conversations with those who are logged in.

The SB stores only the last 30 messages, and then they are gone forever.

Users can delete their own shouts using the [x] button next to their name. Mods can delete any/all shouts.

You can see when a shout was posted by hovering over the message.

UBB Code does NOT work in Shout Box, so you cannot bold or italics, add images, etc.

You can use the standard smilies by using the keyboard shortcuts for those smilies. You can find out the keyboard shortcuts for all the smilies by looking at the Smilie box ( ) in any text formatting window. For instance, : + ) = smile or : + cool + : = cool (no spaces. I'll add a separate FAQ on how to use Smilies later). You cannot use any other image links.

The same rules apply in Shout Box as they do in your posts. Watch the excessive language!

Shout Box (like most anything else) works best with the Firefox browser, but is usable (like most anything else, barely) with IE. tongue wink

NEW FEATURE WITH SOFTWARE VERSION 7.3:

If you start a message with /me it'll display it as an action you're performing (just like in IRC)

So typing: /me slaps Blibble around
Would display boldly as: *jgeoff slaps Blibble around

Last edited by J Geoff; 05/12/08 05:31 PM.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations