Originally Posted By: luckylucianofan
Now ask yourself why would Jack Ruby a well to do nightclub owner
who had money, women and association with the mob throw away everything he had worked for to kill some guy who was rumored at the time to have killed the president.

Ruby's relations were the mob were much more tenuous than you're implying...he wasn't a made man, and he was largely in debt and out of favor with Marcello in New Orleans.

Quote:
Ruby became friends with Lee Harvey before the hit occurred.

Why would Jack Ruby have anything to do with the virtually anonymous Lee Harvey Oswald? They had no reason to even know each other. Oswald's uncle I believe did have a link to Trafficante, which has led some to think he was recruited and then made into the obvious scapegoat for the crime (regardless of whether he was the lone gunman or not).

Quote:
Ruby had lose lips and told Lee Harvey more than he should have heard.

Ruby had loose lips? This is a pretty big accusation considering that Ruby was in prison and remained silent from 1964 up until his death in 1967. Jim Garrison couldn't get to him during his investigations, if I'm not mistaken, and this is mentioned in Oliver Stone's JFK.

Quote:
Lee more than likely dismissed Ruby as a big talker. But when it happened Lee realized the significance of what had just happened.

Oswald was assassinating the President of the United States...I fail to see how he wouldn't have "realized the significance" of what he was doing when he was preparing for it.

Quote:
Imagine your Lee Harvey. You have just been fingered for killing JFK and your plastered all over TV and Police Radio.

Oswald was correct; he was a "patsy" for the larger conspiracy, whomever it involved.

Quote:
I dont know about you but if I were him the last thing I would do is hang around Dallas to see the sights if you know what I mean.

Then why did he kill that Dallas cop? Why was he acting so suspiciously? If he wanted out of Dallas, why did he go to the theatre where he knew he'd be caught?

Quote:
When police picked up Lee Harvey Ruby crapped a brick.

No he didn't. He knew exactly what his job was - he attended the press conference, made sure that the public knew Oswald was involved in the "Fair Play for Cuba" organization, and then used his ties with the Dallas police department to get into that garage and then kill Oswald, leaving him the only link to the crime, and he (repeatedly) refused to talk, despite your claim that he had "loose lips."

Quote:
So for Ruby he could get three hots and a cot or die right now! The choice for Ruby was a simple one. When Lee Harvey was in the process of being moved by the Feds it was for protective purposes for his testimony
against all involved. This was Jacks only chance to stop Lee Harvey from providing any further details to the Feds.

It's true Ruby had an ultimatum, from his higher ups - either be whacked by them, or kill Oswald and remain silent in prison.

Quote:
Once you take this veiw into account you will now know the overall answer to who hit JFK!

Not really. Once you look at your "veiw" [sic] it's full of holes...

• Why would Jack Ruby, a nightclub owner, act on his own and order the death of the President?
  • Jack Ruby didn't know Lee Harvey Oswald.
  • Oswald was complicit in the assassination to a degree - he knew he was a patsy, and he knew his job was to kill the President...there was no qualms or trepidations.
  • Why have you removed Castro from the list of suspects? Your argument does little to supplement any links between Ruby and organize crime but it especially doesn't provide any evidence either way that Castro, Lyndon B. Johnson, the military-industrial complex, the Soviets, the Cuban exiles, etc. weren't involved.

I suggest you read "Deep Politics and the Death of JFK," by Peter Dale Scott, "Live by the Sword" by Gus Russo, "Case Closed" by Gerald Posner, "A Farewell to Justice" by Joan Mellen, "Contract on America" by David Scheim, and "Ultimate Sacrifice" by Hartman and Waldron. Whether or not I agree with any of these texts is irrelevant, but they should give you a decent overview of the prevailing theories on the death of JFK.

Best,
Double-J