I've just finished the book, and I have mixed feelings

It held my attention and I thought some of the writing was excellent, Fredo's character was nailed down pat I thought. and I liked the new character of Geraci.

But everything to do with the Shea's made me z-z-z-z, the Francesca stuff could have been great if her father was talked off more often. Hopefully the new book will see Sonny's sons have a more hands on role. I was glad to see Kay disappear from the book fairly early though and also signs of Tony's estrangment

However, I thought Michael assasinating Tony Molinari was ridiculous, especially after he took Fredo in, Wiengardner backed up his reasons well, but it still didn't sit well.

Also having Geraci the mastermind behind Fredo's death was wrong, and ruins the illusion in GFII that its all Roth's idea.

Tessio's death was also wrong. That should have been left a mystery

No recollection of Al beating up Tommy in the first book

Gardner Shaw inexplicably being replaced by Billy Van Arsdale

Pentangeli getting the merest of vague references when his fued with the rosato's should have been highlighted.

Silly name additions - 'Chip' Corleone. 'Ozzie' Altobello.

Threatening the lineage of the screenplay in the movies by having Strachi and Cuneo live but referring to actual events in GFII after they've been theatrically killed.

Still, I've read a lot worse.

Sonny - Well then, business will have to suffer, all right? And listen, do me a favor, Tom. No more advice on how to patch things up, just help me win, please