[QUOTE]Originally posted by Partagas:
[QB] It seems as if everyone knew it would fail (if not wanted it to do so). [QUOTE]

Actually I had anticipated that it would be much better than it was. While I didn't expect a blockbuster like the original, I did expect a decent story. Unfortunately it did not even live up to a decent sequel. I was very dissapointed.

But in fairness to the author, critique from people like us is very tough on him. We here are basically Godfather "experts" and because we consistantly discuss the depth and the details of the movies we are pretty familiar with the timelines, etc. So when people like ourselves read Wiengardners GF Returns, we tend to pay a LOT more attention to detail, and that is why many of us here were somewhat dissapointed in his work.

Now take an average person from outside these boards who is just a regular GF fan, and ask them how they felt about the GF Returns and I'll bet that most would say that it was a pretty good read. They will probably feel that way because they, unlike us, are not paying attention to the little details and timelines, as the average reader would not be aware of the many details that we are aware of.

So in a nutshell people like us may have been too critical of him because of our continuing love for the Godfather and our continued pursuit of knowledge of the many inside details, while the average person not as knowledgable as us ( in regards to The Godfather ) would probably enjoy the book and be less critical.

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.