Originally posted by Signor Vitelli:
Now, here is a puzzlement: Mario\'s Restaurant in the Bronx?

[Linked Image]

I'm not aware of any parts of GF1 being filmed there. Does anyone know what they're referring to? Could this have anything to do with the deleted scene where Clemenza has a long lunch while Paulie and Rocco wait in the car?
Don't believe everything you read on the net. I've learned that you have to take a "fact" and do your own research to detemine how true that "fact" is.

A prime example: Its generally accepted that The Luna Restaurant was the filming location used for the scene in which Mike shoots McCluskey and Sollozzo. I've read online (from a few different sources) that the restaurant closed shortly after the movie was filmed and the building then housed a church. The church's address was 3510 White Plains Rd. (despite your belief that the address doesn't exist). Here's a picture of that church at that address:

[Linked Image]

Now, all I have to do is to confirm the address for The Luna Restaurant. It can be done simply by checking a 1970 phone book.

I'm not suggesting that the restaurant was NOT at 3531 WPR as you've noted (and is evidenced in "The Godfather Legacy") but I'm saying that no one source can be counted as the gospel without verification.

BTW - The building at 3510 White Plains Rd. now houses a "Furniture Plus Warehouse".