This morning, I had nothing to do, so instead of wrestling with cabin fever, I decided to take a (nearly two hour!) train ride to the Bronx. I wanted to see, once and for all, the location of Louis Italian-American Restaurant - or rather, where the old Luna Restaurant once was. I had been promising myself I would do this for some time now, and today I finally made up my mind to do it.

Well, it was not at the address SC listed above (me dispiace, Consigliere), and it is not a church (it's not a restaurant, either). I noticed in a photo in Harlan Lebo's The Godfather Legacy (on page 153, both editions) that the address is actually 3531 White Plains Road, rather than 3510. (The address 3510 does not exist.) It is now a fabric and notions store ("Try the velour - it's the best in the city!" wink ), and it is almost directly under the elevated train station. Take the IRT #2 train to the Gun Hill Rd. station, and there you are.

I took several photographs, and when I get them developed I'll try to get them posted for everyone to see.

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."