After Jesus and Mary Magdeline got married, they didnt go to France, they went to Sicily where they settled in a mountaintop village. They named themselves and the town "Corleone."

Here is but a small sampling of clues to the Corleone Code:

1. The name is a play on the Latin words "Heart of a Lion" And indeed Jesus preached "the lion shall lie down with the lamb" and he was all heart.

2. The greatest crusader of the middle ages was Richard "THE LION HEARTED" Coincidence? I think not!

3. When it is said Puzo and FFC were "inspired" to make these films do not take that lightly.

4. The two loyal sons are named Santino (Little Saint) and Michael (Archangel).

5. The disloyal one Fredo (a play on the word freddo meaning "cold") is saved because he says a hail mary at the hour of his death.

6. The Daughter, Constanzia (Constance) shows how a life of innocence, sinfulness and redemption can be led.

7. Six of the seven sacrements are depicted. There is not a confirmation shown but there is:

Communion - Beginning of GFII
Confession - GF III (and to a cardinal no less)
Ordination - Referred to in GF III
Marriage - Beginning and Midle of GFI
Baptism - End of GF I
Last rites - To Genco in the cut scene

8. The so called "Mafia," which is now corrupted, began as "Cosa Nostra" ("our thing") which of course bound everyone who was in on the secret by the vow of OMERTA.

9. The ressurection has two key references -- the first is oblique "Five shots and he's still alive" and the second not so much -- the opera scene in GFIII.

10. The close connection with the Catholic Church and the not so indirect role Michael has in cleaning it up show what bloodline he comes from.

11.The title GOD FATHER is a play on words...God is the Father of the Corleones literally!

12. There are three movies (like the trinity).

I could go on, but I invite fellow posters to come up with more clues.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."