I went to an ECW house show this past Monday in Salisbury, Maryland. I was really looking forward to it...as I'd never been to an ECW show...but if I'm to compare it to classic ECW standards...the show was a let down. All the matches were standard rules...save the main event...Sabu vs. Big Show for the ECW Title. That match alone was worth the price of admission. The Big Show is an absolute freak of nature. Seeing him on television doesn't do his size ANY justice. The man is fucking HUGE!

That's not to say I didn't have a great time. These live events are always fun...the energy was great...and house shows are definitely better than television tapings because the Superstars will interact with the fans in ways they can't do on television.

The biggest disappointment was the absense of Paul Heyman. I was looking forward to seeing him. Also...Kurt Angle had a match that lasted every bit of 20 seconds...but it was still cool seeing him again.

The best match of the night was RVD vs. that vampire dude. RVD is just incredible...and seeing him live is like watching a magician in the ring. He's not as technically sound as a Kurt Angle or Dean Malenko...but he makes up for it in sheer athletic and acrobatic skills.

Sandman came out through the crowd...as he does on TV...which was cool.

I'll post some pics from the event later!

I took a ton of photos...here are some of the better ones I got:

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis