Quote:
Originally posted by xXx_DoN_CoRLeOnE_xXx [/qb]
One of the greatest (if not THE) greatest shoot wrestlers of all time. I'd give up my left nut to see a Kurt Angle vs. Dean Malenko Ultimate Submission match.

...ok, maybe not my left nut...but that'd be a fuckin' killer match.

The Wrestling Machine vs. The Man of 1000 Holds. Instant classic! [/QB][/QUOTE]

I agree, that would have been a hoot. I saw Malenko twice live, and while we had beefsticks that gave uninspiring main event jobs(Lex Luger, Nash, etc.), he always was A-game. To think the best of both matches I saw was against another quite talented career mid-card man:

Both were professionals that knew, as only the best can provide, how to tell a story within the ring.

People though swear to me that the best House shows with Malenko was his assignments against his equal contemporary master tactical wrestler: Chris Beniot.

Anyway XXX, you remember back in the 1990s, that absolutely brilliant storyline involving the feud between Malenko and easily in my list of Top Ten Best Wrestlers of All Time That I've Seen: Chris Jericho, who asserted himself as the "Man of 1,004 Moves". Still, I'll never forget seeing Jericho going to the ring with his "Jericholic Ninjas", who were two sweaty fat middle-age dudes. Now that was a good rivalry of the kayfabe tradition.

Still, Malenko's career best that I witnessed was Slamboree, 1998. He entered a cruiserweight battle royale as a masked mysterious opponent, after being out of action for months.

To think there was originally a planned Malenko/Beniot match at sunday's ECW PPV, but nixed due to Beniot's injuries.