Quote:
Originally posted by Signore Sole Aumentante:
I don't care to understand it, just as you probably don't care about American football. I'm assuming you're not American. I've watched many games of soccer, and kicking it back and forth without strategy... to only score 1 or 2 points seems like a complete waste of the other 70 minutes of the game.

Football has waaaaaaaaay more strategy than soccer. The amount of points has nothing to do with it, it's a different game. A touchdown and PA is worth 7 anyway, so if it was 1 there'd be football scores of 2-4 or something like that usually. Besides, look at the monster playbooks and all the plays, formations, offensive and defensive, special teams all the different positions! Football has way more strategy than soccer... soccer is about the same as basketball in regards to strategy.

Plus, action. Americans in general are more physical than Europeans, so we really like a game that sees hard slams, instead of just guys in really high shorts knocking a ball around to eachother.
First of all, if you look on my profile of every message I post, it states I am from Chicago so I am an American. Secondly I do watch NFL games and follow it more than I do with soccer (mainly because there aren't any games to watch here) so don't assume anything.

As far as strategy wise, I'm not going to say one has more strategy than the other because it can be easily argued either way. No offense SSA, but it sounds like you have never even played soccer so I do not see what makes you qualified to say what requires more strategy.

As far as your last paragraph, you are simply proving my point more which is that what Americans see as action in sports is not the same as what all the other continents in the world see as action in sports. I'm not blaming anyone for this or saying it's a bad thing. I'm just saying that's the way it is and that's what makes football, baseball, and basketball popular here and soccer unpopular here.